SUBJECT: AGRIC SCI CLASS: PRIMARY 5
Underline the correct answers in this section.
- The day-to-day management of farm animals is called ___(a) animal farm (b) animal husbandry (c) animal production
- Rabbits are kept in ___(a) poultry (b) stilt (c) hutches
- Cattle and pigs are kept in ___(a) stable (b) pens (c) field
- Rabbits are small ____animals (a) herbivorous (b) carnivorous (c) omnivorous
- ___ are used in body building (a) grains (b) proteins (c) water
- Water helps to regulate body ___(a) system (b) temperature (c) fits
- ___is an example of leguminous plants. (a) cowpea (b) fish meal (c) maize
- ______are used in rations to boost the supply of vitamins and minerals (a) supplement (b) drugs (c) water
- _____ should be carried out by watering personnel (a) medication (b) vaccination (c) observation
- The young of a turkey is called ___(a) poult (b) fryer (c) turkling
- Feeds given to chicks are referred to as ___(a) grains (b) soft feed (c) chic mash
- ___is the maturing weight of a cattle. (a) 300kg (b) 900kg (c) 450kg
- ____is a pest of maize (a) bat (b) monkey (c) squirrel
- ___attack stored maize and beans.(a) weevil (b) birds (c) lice
- _____ is a process by which plants manufacture their foods (a) photosynthesis (b) pollination (c) multiplication
- ______ are spread from plant to plant by insects that suck liquid from plants. (a) bacteria (b) viruses (c) fungi
- _____ are small plants that do not have leaves and flowers (a) fungi (b) virus (c) nematodes
- These are round worms mainly live in the soil.(a) nematodes (b) virus (c) bacteria
- Maize smut is a disease caused by ____(a) fungi (b) bacterial (c) virus
- Cassava mosaic is caused by ____(a) virus (b) fungi (c) bacteria
- Yam tubers are attacked by ___(a) virus (b) fungi (c) nematodes
- Crop rotation is an example of ___practice (a) cultural (b)biological (c) physical
- Hand-picking and crushing is an example of ______ practices (a) physical (b) biological (c) cultural
- Fumigation is an example of _____practise. (a) mechanical (b) cultural (c)chemical
- Praying mantis is an example of ____used to feed on farm pest. (a) predators (b) animals (c) killer
Supply the correct answers to the question below
- Application of pesticides in excess causes _______ of the environment .
- Tillage , weeding are examples of _______practises.
- Use of screen and sticky bends are examples of _____________practises.
- Groundnut rosette is caused by _____________
- Tomato rot is a _______________ disease
- ___________ attack the roots of tomatoes
- __________________ are microscopic organisms which are very much smaller than bacteria.
- Weevils, mealy bug, mice are examples of __________ pests
- Monkeys, rodents are examples of ______ pests.
- ____________ eats the fleshy parts of fruits on the farm
- _____________ eats the larvae and adult bore and feed inside yam tuber.
- The maturity weight of a pig is _____________
- Clean water is giving to animals for proper ________________ of their feeds.
- The young of a sheep is called __________________
- _________________ is the male of a rabbit
- What is the meaning of an husbandry? ___________________________________
- What are the needs of young animals for healthy growth? ______________________________________
- State the control measures of crop plants diseases.____________________________________________
- Explain the four causes of crop plant diseases.
5. What are the causes of the crop plant diseases below:
Maize smut: _________________________________
Cassava mosaic: _____________________________
Blackpod of cocoa: ___________________________