SECOND TERM CIVIC EDUCATION FOR PRIMARY SIX (6)
WEEK 1: REVISION OF FIRST TERM’S WORK
WEEK 2: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND IDENTITY IV
1. Values related to Nationalism and patriotism.
2. Examples of non – national symbols
3. Differences between Nigerian National Symbol and Non National Symbols.
WEEK 3: CITIZENSHIP AND NATIONALIZATION
1. Meaning of Citizen
2. How to become a citizen of a country
WEEK 4: NATIONALIZATION
1. Definition of Nationalization
2. Conditions foreigners must fulfil before becoming Nigerians Citizens
3. Reasons foreigners are in our land
WEEK 5: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF FOREIGNERS IN OUR MIDST
1. Advantages of foreigners in our midst.
2. Disadvantages of foreigners in our midst.
3. Examples of foreign companies in Nigeria.
WEEK 6: GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES
1. Government policies and programmes.
2. Meaning of NEEDS, UBE, and DUE process.
WEEK 7: IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES TO NIGERIANS
1. Importance of Universal Basic Education Programmes (UBE)
2. Importance of National Economic Empowerment and Development and Strategy (NEEDS)
3. Importance of due process (DP)
WEEK 8: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
1. the meaning of institutions
2. types of government institutions in Nigeria
WEEK 9: MEANING AND FUNCTIONS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
1. Meaning of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria.
2. Functions of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria
WEEK 10: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA (PRACTICALS)
1. Invite a government official to talk to the pupils on activities of SON, NAFDAC, EFCC, NDLEA etc.
2. Bring a sachet water into the classroom and let the pupils point out the NAFDAC number on the sachet.
WEEK 11: CIVIL SOCIETY
1. Meaning of civil society
2. Classification of civil society
WEEK 12: REVISION AND TEST
WEEK 13: EXAMINATION
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today)