Subject : Physical and Health Education
Term : Second Term
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FIRST AID
- Common emergency conditions that require first aid.
- How to handle emergency condition.
- Signs and symptoms with treatment of emergency condition.
At the end of this discussion in this unit, people should be able to:
- Know Common emergency conditions that require first aid.
- Know How to handle emergency condition.
- Know Signs and symptoms with treatment of emergency condition
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
First Aid Treatment is the first help given to an injured or sick person before professional medical treatment can be given.
First Aid Treatment is the medical attention that is given to an injured person before the arrival of a medical doctor .
COMMON EMERGENCY CONDITIONS THAT REQUIRE FIRST AID
- Heart attack
HOW TO HANDLE EMERGENCY CONDITIONS
Shock happens when important organs are not getting the required blood
Causes of shock
- Severe infection
- Heart stroke
- Allergic reactions.
Symptoms of shock
- Feeling weak
- Slow breathing
- Dilated pupils
- Cool clammy skin
Treatment of shock
- Let the person lie down
- Of raising of the legs is painful, keep the person still.
- If the person is not breathing, loose the person’s clothes.
- Cover him with a blanket
- Take the person to the hospital.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
MENTION FIVE COMMON EMERGENCY CONDITIONS THAT REQUIRE FIRST AID
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about common injuries on the field
(Visited 438 times, 1 visits today)