Advantages and Disadvantages of Pressure Groups
Primary 5 / Basic 5
Instructional Materials :
Wall charts, cardboard, pictures of officials of some labour unions
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught how to communicate social injustice to leaders in the society.
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Write out the advantages of pressure Groups
- Say the disadvantages of pressure Groups
- Online Resource Materials
- Various Textbooks on Civic Education Book 5
- Lagos State Upper Primary Scheme of Work For Primary 5
Advantages of pressure Groups
- They advise people in power or government on how to make good policies that will favour members of their pressure Groups
- They are the people that provide wheel of progress by providing good quality service towards the development of the country
- Pressure Groups are democratic in nature as they conduct elections at regular periods to vote in key officials into various elective posts
- They educate members of the public in respect of their professional, economic or religious groups that they are.
- Members of varuois pressure groups are so versatile and productive and they use their knowledge for the common growth of the nation.
- Pressure Groups protect the interest of their members
- They keep the actions and activités of government in action
- They set benchmark or standard for various pressure groups that they belong
Disadvantages of Pressure Groups
- They can make governance of a country very difficult atomes with their protests or strike.
- Atimes Labour unions demands are too high and unrealistic for government to meet
- They may lockdown or shut down the whole economic or social life of a country through their prolonged strike or industrial actions
- Top members of pressure Groups may secretly become active in politics and they may be used by opposing party to tackle the political party in government
- Pressure groups may misinform the members of the public if their activités are not properly regulated
- Atimes the demands of members of the présure groups only favour the minority few
- When pressure groups are given the opportunity to express their fundamental right to freedom of expression, these rights are always abused or Atimes protests are hijacked by hoodlums are such protests may become violent
- Atimes protests may lead to loss of lives.
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1: The class teacher revises the previous topics
Step 2. He introduces the new topic
Step 3: The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Write out five advantages of Pressure Groups
The Ckas teacher marks the pupils notes and he goes round to mark
Read about The Right Attitude To Work
(Visited 1,627 times, 7 visits today)