DATE: FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2020.
CLASS: PRIMARY 2
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDY
TOPIC: THE PRINTER
The printer is an output device used to print paper documents. The printed documents are called hardcopy while the documents in our device are soft copy.
They are used to print out pictures, text etc which could be in colours or black and white.
Types of Printers
There are different types of printers, but the common ones are:
(a) LaserJet: it prints faster and make use of toner and cartridge to print.
(b) Desk jet: it is the most popular printer used by everyone. It makes use of ink and cartridge to print.
(c) Dot matrix: it uses dot to form an image and are mostly used in supermarkets or malls. It make use of ink and ribbon to print.
- The ___________ is an output device (a) system unit (b) keyboard (c) printer
- Printed documents are called __________
(a) soft copy (b) hardcopy (c) lightcopy
- Dot matrix printers are mostly used in ________
(a) school (b) supermarket (c) church
- Which of the printers make use of ribbon (a) desk jet (b) dot matrix (c) laser jet
- Mention the three common printers