100 Report Card Comments Teachers Can Use while writing report cards of students/ pupils
100 Report Card Comments Teachers Can Use while writing report cards of students/ pupils
1. I have truly enjoyed being __________’s teacher and will miss him/her next year.
2. _______ is making good/excellent/outstanding progress in _______ grade.
3. _______ has done a(n)/fantastic/exemplary/wonderful job this year in ______ grade and has worked so very hard.
4. I appreciate ____________’s quality work/motivation to do well/attitude and have enjoyed being his/her teacher.
5. _______ is intelligent but works below his/her capacity/potential due to a lack of motivation/attention to quality work.
6. _______ succeeds at whatever task he/she puts his/her mind to.
7. I am so proud of ________ and wish him/her well for _______ grade and beyond.
8. _______ has worked very hard this year and I am proud of all of his/her accomplishments.
9. _______ has strengthened his/her skills in _________.
10. _______ is respectful to his/her classmates and is very well-liked.
11. I am concerned about _________’s organizational skills and his/her responsibility related to turning in assignments on time.
12. _______ sets high standards for himself/herself and reaches them.
13. _______ is helpful and kind and is a pleasure to be around.
14. _______ has done well in many areas but I am concerned that his/her lack of listening/focus/motivation and following directions/working independently/working quietly has contributed to his lower grade in ______________.
15. ________ has made good/excellent/outstanding progress in all academic areas.
16. ________ is bright, motivated, and hard working and can be proud of his/her accomplishments this year.
17. Unfortunately, _________’s grades have suffered from missing assignments.
18. ________ is gaining confidence in _____________ but would benefit from __________________.
19.________ follows classroom rules consistently and is a good role model.
20. Please encourage ________ to ______________ each day to help him/her improve in _____________.
21. ________ has a positive attitude and is a joy to teach.
22. ________ seems to find __________ challenging and would benefit from reading nightly/practicing math facts/working online…
23. ________ is a(n) awesome/wonderful/fabulous ________ grader and I have enjoyed getting to know him/her this year.
24. ________ is capable of achieving a higher grade in ________ but needs to ______________ in order to make progress.
25. ________ excels in creative/narrative/opinion writing.
26. ________ produces stories/essays/paragraphs that are well-organized/well developed.
27. ________ has strong reading comprehension skills.
28. ________ seems to have difficulty at times with reading comprehension and would benefit from __________.
29. ________ has made great improvement in the area of ______________.
30. ________ works well with other students.
31. ________ not only works well with his/her classmates, but is a natural leader.
32. ________ is intrinsically motivated and strives to please.
33. ________ is doing an excellent/outstanding/wonderful/fantastic/great job overall this year.
34. ________ enjoys participating in class lessons and his/her background knowledge adds a great deal to our discussions.
35. ________ is very compassionate and is always kind to others.
36. ________ is a creative student and I have enjoyed seeing the wonderful writing/art projects/drawings he/she has created/written.
37. ________ is on task regardless of the activity.
38. ________ seems to enjoy school and his/her positive attitude brightens up our classroom.
39. ________ listens attentively to directions, and I appreciate his/her ability to start work right away.
40. ________ is a very polite student, and is a joy to teach.
41. ________ struggles with following classroom rules, and needs to focus on working quietly/staying in his/her seat…
42. ________ is very talkative during quiet working periods and distracts others around him/her.
43. Working quietly is very difficult for ______, and I would like him/her to focus on his/her work, so that he/she, as well as others around him/her are able to attend to the task at hand/learn more effectively…
44. _______ has an excellent attitude and is always willing to lend a hand.
45. _______ is a wonderful helper and a classroom leader.
46. _______ shows interest and enthusiasm for classroom activities and seems to enjoy learning.
47. _______ is polite to classmates and to all adults on staff at school.
48. _______ is a problem solver and shows a great deal of persistence.
49. _______ enjoys being challenged and would benefit from __________________________________.
50. _______ completes his/her work carefully and completely.
51. I appreciate _________’s neat work, that is carefully done.
52. _______ needs to slow down, in order to produce quality/carefully done work.
53. _______ struggles with organizational skills in the classroom and needs to keep his/her desk neater, in order to make his/her day run more smoothly.
54. _______ struggles to find needed papers/materials and would benefit from using a folder/a binder/keeping a neater desk.
55. _______ is very organized and finds needed materials easily.
56. _______ displays good citizenship in our classroom.
57. _______ has worked hard to raise his/her grade in __________ and I appreciate his/her effort.
58. _______ has a strong work ethic and never completes any assignment halfway.
59. _______ has learned a great deal this year and has shown particular improvement in ___________.
60. _______ needs to memorize his/her basic math facts in order to complete complex math problems more easily.
61. _______ would benefit from __________________________ to fully memorize basic math facts.
62. Memorizing basic addition/multiplication math facts would be very helpful to ___________.
63. ________ shows special strengths in the area of social studies/science and has done very well this trimester/year.
64. Science/social studies tests have been very difficult for ______, and he/she would benefit from increasing the time spent studying the material.
65. _______ seems to enjoy science/social studies and has done an excellent job this year.
66. _______ needs to listen and follow directions carefully during class time.
67. _______ pays attention to detail in his/her assignments and I appreciate the high quality of his/her work.
68. _______ is very responsible and turns assignments/homework in on time.
69. _______ uses higher level thinking skills to complete challenging assignments.
70. _______ is an active participant in small group, as well as whole class discussions.
71. _______ is truly eager to learn and asks questions appropriately when needed.
72. _______ has a good sense of theme/the main idea/characters/plot/inferences, which strengthens his/her reading ability.
73. _______ reads smoothly and with good expression.
74. _______ is able to use data from graphs and charts/use a compass successfully/convert measurements correctly.
75. This trimester, I would like _________ to work on _________________________________.
76. _______ uses reading strategies such as __________ effectively, which increases his/her reading comprehension.
77. _______ has a large vocabulary, which adds to his/her ability to write effectively.
78. _______ shows strong knowledge in the area of ______________.
79. _______ is able to share appropriate and relevant information, which adds to classroom discussions.
80. _______ consistently puts forth his/her best effort in ____________, which is wonderful to see.
81. _______ arrives at school each day with a happy attitude, ready to learn.
82. _______ has exceeded expectations in the area of __________.
83. _______ works independently and is able to complete enrichment activities when he/she is finished with required assignments.
84. _______ is able to focus and stays on task during independent working times.
85. I have enjoyed ________’s sense of humor in our classroom.
86. _______ has a wonderful personality and his/her sense of humor makes me smile.
87. _______ is an excellent ______ grader, and he/she has made our classroom a better place.
88. _______ uses class time constructively.
89. _______ is a flexible learner and adapts easily to new challenges.
90. This trimester, I would like ________to focus on ___________________ in order to______________________.
91. _______ always uses his/her time wisely.
92. _______ turns in work that is beautifully done.
93. _______ needs lots of repetition and practice in order to retain_________________.
94. _______ enjoys poetry/reading/music/science/art… and excels in it.
95. _______ is an attentive Pupil /student and is working well in all subject areas.
96. I would like to see _______ pay closer attention to __________________ in order to _______________________.
97. _______ is a very talented artist, and I truly enjoy the passion he/she puts into his/her art work.
98. I have truly enjoyed getting to know ______ and wish him/her the very best in _____ grade and beyond.
99. I have enjoyed having _____ in our class this year and will truly miss him/her as he/she moves on to ______ grade.
100. ______ is a very special Pupil/ student and one that I will never forget. I will miss him/her next year.