Today is World book day, you can celebrate it anytime after today, even on April 23rd (William Shakespeare's birthday).
Feel free to send in pictures and write-ups from your book day celebration.
Here are some ideas for celebrating:
1. Inspiration – Get book authors to come speak with the children.
2. Reading – Get parents to come read to the children.
3. Show and tell – Get children to dress like their favorite author, have a parade and tell about their favorite author.
4. Act – Dramatize a book.
5. Creation – Create a music or dance performance inspired by a book.
6. Contest – Give a time frame to read as many books as possible and award prices to the person who reads the most number of books.
7. Writing – get children to read and write their own books, articles or short stories.
8. Speaking – analyze books and discuss how characters could have handled issues better or ways the books could be re-written.
9. Campaign – design posters, graphics and captions that would create enlightenment and inspire people to read.
10. Art – design a cover page for a magazine with your portrait and a headline indicating something you might do that would land you on the cover of the magazine.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)