becoming a better leader
LEADERS MAKE THEIR FOLLOWERS BELIEVE IN THEIR LEADERSHIP
I checked up on studying leadership few years ago and there is a truth that touched my heart.
People don’t quit organizations they quit people.
If you find yourself in a situation where you have to always change your teacher’s every term, then something is wrong with the leadership design of your school.
If your leverage of getting your members of staff to take action is delaying their salary, then there is something wrong with your leadership influence.
It’s beautiful when you walk into a school and the see the mission and vision statement,
But the truth is you can never separate the leader from the message he/she delivers
Every message that people receive is filtered through the messenger who delivers it.
You cannot separate leaders from the causes they promote.
You must run your organization is such a way that your followers buy into you and also buy into your school
That means they like you and they like your school
This doesn’t always have to do with a high pay.
It has to do with
1. The Morale in your organization
2. The influence you have with your members of staff
THIS IS HOW TO KNOW IF YOUR PEOPLE BUY INTO YOUR LEADERSHIP
1. When followers don’t like the leader or the vision of the organization what they do is they look for another leader and another organization
2. When followers like the leader but don’t really like the vision of the organization, they stay back to help make changes in the organization
3. When followers like the organization but they don’t like the leader, they find another leader within the organization that has more influence than the supposed leader
4. When followers like the leader and they like the vision of the organization, they become extremely committed and creative to see great things been accomplished.
Look at your members of staff and parents and categorize them according to how people buy int your leadership.
Let me know your thoughts….
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)